Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Zucchini Bread


It's fall, and that means the zucchini is ready to be picked. We've had more zucchini this year than we know what to do with. After eating and freezing tons of zucchini I thought it was time to make some zucchini bread. I found my grandma's old recipe for zucchini bread, one which my mother had never tried, and went to it. My mom was skeptical, she doesn't remember my grandmother ever making zucchini bread. Well, it turned out AMAZING and will be my go to for zucchini bread from now on.

We had a bunch of zucchinis already grated and I just took what I need.


Ingredients:
2 dollops sour cream
1 egg replacer equivalent
1 cup oil
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups sugar
2 cups peeled grated zucchini
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
3 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

Directions:
Mix sugar, oil, sour cream, egg replacer, zucchini, spices and flavorings.
Add dry ingredients and nuts.
Grease and flour two 8x4 or 9x5 loaf pans.
Bake at 350° for 45 to 60 minutes. (Mine took the entire 60 minutes.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment