Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Eggless Banana Bread


I always find myself letting the last few bananas sit on the counter until they are starting to turn brown just so that I can make this banana bread.  This is a recipe that was passed down from my grandmother that I converted to be eggless.  I love it warm, smeared with soft butter for breakfast.

  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 tsps baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 dollops sour cream (a dollop is a heaping tablespoon)
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (usually takes about 3 bananas)
  • 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl mix the sugar, nuts, sour cream, mashed bananas, and melted butter.
Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until just combined.
Spoon the batter into a lightly grease and floured 8x4" loaf pan. I use a glass loaf pan for all my quick breads so that the crust doesn't get too dark.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting ready to make this right now...going to add chocolate chips and use ricotta cheese instead of sour cream

Unknown said...

Making this right now, had fried apples from breakfast so added to mix

Post a Comment